This provides a summary of some of the management and business responsibilities, as well as key transactions Mr. Mayol worked on to help expand revenues sources for the particular institutions.
• Responsible for managing Business Development efforts for Global Banking in the State of Florida as
well as serve as a Consultant for our clients in International matters related to process and working
• Reestablished partnerships with Regional Commercial Banking Offices around Florida resulting in
increased pipeline exceeding $100MM in potential lending activity and $6mm
revenues in less than 18 months. Solutions included: Trade Cycle Financing, Export LCs, OPIC-backed
loans, SCF, FX lines, Overdraft Facilities, Subsidiary lending, LC-backed facilities, Multi-currency
• Increased calling activity in the region to a minimum monthly meeting with key stakeholders in
Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Latin America calling
effort underway for companies with US nexus.
• Established new relationships for the bank with the Miami-Dade County, Tampa EDC, Port Manatee,
HBIF, Enterprise Florida, DOC, Gainesville Chamber, CAMACOL and FIBA.
• Organized several events to market Global Banking around Florida including seminars and client visits
related to Canada, India, China and the UK.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
• Corporate Banking – Developed Commodities SCF Initiative – Representing $20MM in Annual
Revenues – Instituted Pilot Client Peruvian Multinational – $4MM in estimated Revenues / $150MM facility.
• Corporate Banking and Financial Institutions – Formalized Asset Distribution proposition for LATAM
– Sold $2.7BN in two years to banks in Asia, Europe, Latin America, Canada and the US.
• Corporate Banking – Developed Trade and Supply Chain Financing Proposition for Latin America
(LCs, Open Accounts, Negotiable Instruments, Electronic) outside of Mexico
• Corporate Banking – Responsible for Large Corporate Portfolio with $10MM in Annual Revenues
(Both NIM and Interest Margin)
• Financial Institutions – Avalized Draft Program through Collections – $10MM additional Annual Revenues.
• $300MM Cross-Border SCF Facilities with Large Oil Company in Brazil
• $150MM Commodities SCF Program for Large Chemical Company in Brazil
• $200MM SCF Draft and Payment Undertaking Program Oil Company in Chile
• $300MM Trade Program for Large Mining Corporate in Chile
• $100MM LC Facility/$1BN Purchase Order Processing for Large Retail Group in Latin America
• $100MM Clean BA Facility for Large Food Importer in Peru
• $200MM Trade Program for Advances and LCs Oil Company in Peru
• $75MM SBLC Facility for Oil Imports for Large Oil company in Colombia
• $120MM Domestic Purchase Facility for Public Utilities Energy Company in Colombia
• $50MM US Eximbank Facility for Large Corporate in Brazil – Argentina Parent
• $100MM Clean BA Facility for Oil delivery Client in Florida
• $100MM LC Facility for Copper Pipe Client in Alabama
• $50MM Invoices SCF Facility for Client in Georgia
• $25MM Working Capital Guarantee Facility for Exporter in Florida
TD Bank – Commerce Bank
• Underwrote, Presented and Closed $100MM US Eximbank Foreign Buyer Program for Companies
in the Caribbean and Mexico.
• Developed Trade Finance Sales Proposition for the Bank in Florida $50MM Portfolio
• Financial Institutions: Developed IDB and IFC Proposition to mitigate Trade Portfolio
• $100MM Trade Advance and LC Facility for Oil Company in Trinidad
• $75MM Import Facility for Export Development Company in Jamaica
• $50MM Export Facility for Financial Institution in Honduras
• $100MM Import Facility for Large Metallurgic Company in the Dominican Republic
• $50MM Vendor Financing Facility for Banana Producer in Ecuador
Wachovia (First Union)
• Responsible for Developing formal Import Factoring Strategic Alliance with CIT and Eurofactor
• Provided Training on Risk Mitigation and Export Factoring to Clients in the Region
• Developed Risk Participation Program for FI Clients in LATAM for US and Latin America Investors
• Originated $500MM Export Finance Outstanding Portfolio from largest Financial Institutions in the
Region (Honduras, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Colombia,
• Sales support on Trade Credit Insurance Portfolio for Financial Institutions – $2BN Outstanding Portfolio
• $75MM Medium Term OPIC Guaranteed Import Facility for Railroad in Jamaica
• $40MM OPIC Guaranteed Export Receivables Portfolio Purchase Program for Financial Institution in
• $80MM US Eximbank Import Finance on-lending Facility for Financial Institutions (Peru, DR,
• $300MM in Commodity Credit Corporation (GSM 102) Program (Honduras, Costa Rica, Peru,
• $200MM Trade Finance Facilities for Corporations in South Florida
Regions – Union Planters
• Developed Beneficiary Calling Program which increased utilization by 80%
• Developed Risk Participation Practice at the Bank
• Collected $100MM plus Portfolio During Crisis – Ecuador
• $500MM in Import Finance Facilities with Largest Financial Institutions in Brazil
• $350MM in Trade Finance Facilities with Financial Institutions in Southern Cone and Andean Region
• $100MM Export Finance Facility for Large Development Bank in México.
Hamilton Bank – IDBank
- Commercial Lender – Managed portfolio of Small and Mid-Size Trading Companies in South Florida with more than $100MM in Loan Outstandings.
- Assisted in Capital Markets Team with Syndications and other offerings.
- Helped underwrite lines of credits for Financial Institutions and Corporates in Latin America.
For more detailed accounts please feel free to reach out to us.